Friday, April 13, 2012

George Zimmerman sets up website/legal defense fund

George Zimmerman, the man who claims he shot and killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin in self-defense in Sanford, Florida, has just established his own website, aimed at telling his side of the story as well as raising legal funds in anticipation that charges may soon be filed against him.

The website (http://therealgeorgezimmerman.com) states:

“On Sunday February 26th, I was involved in a life altering event which led me to become the subject of intense media coverage. As a result of the incident and subsequent media coverage, I have been forced to leave my home, my school, my employer, my family and ultimately, my entire life. This website's sole purpose is to ensure my supporters they are receiving my full attention without any intermediaries.”

Zimmerman has also created a PayPal account where his supporters can assist him with legal funds and “living expenses.”

Zimmerman writes: “as I would like to provide an avenue to thank my supporters personally and ensure that any funds provided are used only for living expenses and legal defense, in lieu of my forced inability to maintain employment. ... I reassure you, every donation is appreciated.”

The ‘album’ section of the site features a photo of a brick wall with the words “LONG LIVE ZIMMERMAN” spray painted across it.

On Monday, Zimmerman's attorney, Hal Uhrig, told to Fox News that the website was, in fact created produced by the same George Zimmerman involved in the shooting, as there have apparently been other bogus sites soliciting funds in his name.

Also on Monday, special prosecutor, Angela Corey announced that a grand jury will not be convened to hear any potential case against Zimmerman, but that she alone, will make the decision as to what, if any charges are filed.

Powered By iWebRSS.co.ccread interesting immigration news opinions

No comments:

Post a Comment

Illegal Alien News CNN

Immigration News Daily

Blog Archive