Friday, March 25, 2011

Lawrence Taylor on prostitutes: “I don't ask for a birth certificate.”

On Tuesday, Williamsburg native and former NFL star Lawrence Taylor, 51, was sentenced to six years probation after pleading guilty in January to sexual misconduct and patronizing a prostitute, both misdemeanors. While Taylor will not do any jail time, he will have to register as a sex offender.

In June 2010, Taylor was indicted by a grand jury just outside New York City on charges of rape, criminal sexual act, endangering the welfare of a child, patronizing a prostitute, and sexual abuse.

If he had been convicted of those charges, Taylor could have spent the rest of his life in prison.

Shortly after receiving his sentence, Taylor gave a rather colorful interview with Fox News’ Shephard Smith in which he defended his actions and commented on the “world of prostitution,” saying:

“I'm not the cause of prostitution. And sometimes I make mistakes and I may go out there. And I didn't go pick her up on no playground. She wasn't hiding behind the school bus or getting off a school bus. This is a working girl that came to my room.”

He continued: “It's the world of prostitution. You never know what you're gonna get. Is it gonna be a pretty girl, an ugly girl or whatever it's gonna be.”

And, as to the whether or not she is a minor?

Taylor replied: “You can only ask. I don't card them. I don't ask for a birth certificate.”

Taylor went on to admit how he has frequently used the service of prostitutes over the last several years.

“I'm not looking for a relationship. Hey, sometimes I look for some company,” Taylor explained. “It's all clean. I don't have to worry about your feelings. It's all clean. I'm not saying it's right. It's the oldest profession in the world.”

The former New York Giant concluded: “I guess you call it a crime. It's one of those crimes you don't think about. You never think you're gonna get busted because everyone does it until you get busted, and then it's more embarrassing than anything else.”

The Hall of Fame linebacker is no stranger to the law. In the 1990s, Taylor was jailed twice for purchasing drugs from undercover police officers, and in 2009, he was arrested in Miami for leaving the scene of an accident.

 

 

 

Powered By iWebRSS.comsee justice served immigration news

No comments:

Post a Comment

Illegal Alien News CNN

Immigration News Daily

Blog Archive